Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm a Redneck...No I'm a Redneck

Today I had the opportunity to work with one of America's favorite comedians, Jeff Foxworthy. He was doing interviews via satellite uplink promoting his new childrens book, Silly Street. Right away I saw that Jeff is exactly what you see on stage. He is a good ol' southern boy who likes to joke around, tell stories and just have a good time. One thing that made me quite proud was that he actually laughed at a few of my jokes and stories. That's how much I like to Ramble On...I'm in the studio with one of the best story tellers in the country and I'm telling him my redneck stories. When he asked me where I was from and I told him North Carolina, the first words out of his mouth were about how much better the barbeque is there than anywhere else. Of course, I had to agree. We also talked about our Nascar experiences...which or course lead to even more redneck stories from both of us. I think what makes Jeff so good at what he does, is that he listens and asks questions. That's what makes his observational comedy so good...all he has to do is watch and listen and all of his jokes will just happen. What could be very cool is if sometime in the future something I mentioned today makes it into his routime...... What...it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment