Monday, March 2, 2009

The First Ramble

So now I'm a blogger. Okay...I don't know why, but I guess it doesn't really matter. It's not like I have anything to say that is important enough to put down...but I've read plenty of blogs that say nothing...so once again, I'm not the first. I'm not going to start by giving a life story or any BS like that...if you're reading this you probably already know me better than you need too. Let's just say that I've been around for a while, I travel a lot for work and pleasure and I love my dog Lakota and my Road King. That should do for now. Hopefully over time, you'll meet some of my friends and through my postings see what I do for a living.

So I'll just begin with yesterday's snow in Atlanta...that's right snow in Atlanta.

I began with the same attitude toward actually seeing snow on the ground that anyone who's lived here for any length of time would have toward that possibility...



Okay...I'm sure you sense my optimistic attitude toward actually seeing snow anywhere except falling from the sky...but within just a few hours....






Even Lakota seems confused. I know, all my friends in the NC mountains and further north are smiling at the amount of snow...but I think it is relative when you realize that the ATL never gets snow. I think this is the first real accumulation I've seen here since 1993. So, if you love snow like I do, you can understand why it could be kinda fun to get out in it and imagine, although just briefly, that I am back in the NC mountains walking the Blue Ridge Parkway with my dog in the snow. Yeah...okay...it was very brief. So in true ATL style...














That's right...it's melting away and by the end of the day there will be little evidence that even a single flake fell from the sky. That's snow in Atlanta.

So what's next? Well, not to beat a dead horse, but this is Atlanta. So now it's time for warm weather and making plans for riding the bike...anywhere. Right now I have plans to ride this weekend to Boone, NC to see my best friend Jimmy...but there is a new reason to go this time. I joined facebook at the end of 2008 and since joining have found some very good friends from my college days in Boone and Banner Elk. And some of them are meeting up there this coming weekend for a kinda reunion. I haven't seen any of them for almost 25 years, so I'm really hoping to make it up there to see them. There are plans to visit one of our favorite party spots, Elk Falls. We used to go there after classes to drink our favorite beverages, well not really our favorite, really which ever one was the cheapest at the time...we were broke college kids afterall. Anyway, we would all go there to party and some of us would do the young and stupid thing and jump from the top of the falls...


















So...hopefully....weather permitting I'll be riding to the NC mountains and try to relive my youth with some really good friends. If not...I have to ride somewhere....it's my birthday weekend.

So for now, that's all I have. My first blog is done...hopefully it will get better with time. In the furure I'll be writing about trips, shoots and other BS. To my friends I say hello and I hope to see you on here soon. I would also like to say thanks to Frenchy for the inspiration.

Ramble On Folks

1 comment:

  1. Well now since I have never even written on a blog I thought I would try it out! Today yes in Reston VA we had lots of snow about 6-9 inches depending on where one stood! And now, the sun is shining away! I knew it wouldn't last long but I had so hoped for a day when I could work from home and get some things done! Nothing like working from home! I am thrilled to blog and to blog with Eric to boot! How awesome!I think a ride to the mountains to see old friends sounds like a fine thing to do. Okay I think I have run out of blog right now. Another day perhaps but hey thanks. It's been exciting to see your snow in ATL! Good thing you are ready for spring! Take good care and ride safely! Come to DC.....

    ReplyDelete