Saturday, February 11, 2012

Celtic Woman

This week I had a shoot with Celtic Woman, a musical ensemble with four lovely lassies(as they say in Ireland) singing traditional Irish as well as contemporary tunes. They were in town to shoot a new concert DVD at Atlanta's Fox Theater. It was an early morning shoot, so I wasn't happy at having to wake up before 5AM, but it's a tough life and someone had to be there. Sometimes it's so hard to do these shoots, I mean who would really want to hang out all morning long with four beautiful women with incredibly sexy Irish accents, listening to them sing and tell stories of life in Ireland and on the road.

Yeah...it sucks, but like I said, someone had to be there. Never let it be said that I won't take on the tough jobs. Actually, I've been to Ireland twice on two week trips. Both times I was hired to shoot for a week in Galway on the western coast and then I stayed for another week after the shoot seeing Ireland on my own time.

River Corrib, Galway, Ireland

I rented a car and drove up and down the western coast of Ireland staying in B&B's, traveling through typical Irish countryside, visiting ancient castles and landmarks and checking out every pub that had music coming out of it.

All of the people I met while driving the countryside were consistently such friendly people. This was one of those slam on the brake moments. I was driving through Doolin in County Clare and these three girls were playing traditional Irish instruments outside this music shop. No….I didn’t set this up.

And Irish Woman just reminded me how nice the Irish are. It's early in the morning and they're in a small studio in a foreign country and they made themselves right at home...laughing and smiling all the while. At the end of the shoot they even asked me to take this picture of us all together. What? It could happen…

Okay...I'm just Ramblin' On now.....


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time, Eric!
    Glad to hear you have made a couple of trips to the West of Ireland. We went several years ago to Galway and the Aran Islands---one of my favourite places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....i went inland from Galway once, but came right back to the coast. it is by far the best way to see Ireland

    ReplyDelete